Trump Administration Aims To Open Nearly All US Offshore Waters To Drilling


charlotte: When the headline says “nearly all” they’re not kidding!! The draft National OCS Program for 2019-2024 proposes to offer 90% of all OCS land for leasing (there are probably statutory limitations on the remaining 10%), if you can even IMAGINE such a thing, 47 LEASE SALES!! I’m trying to wrap my head around literally DOZENS of lease sales and having trouble, to be honest:

The Draft Proposed Program (DPP) includes 47 potential lease sales in 25 of the 26 planning areas – 19 sales off the coast of Alaska, 7 in the Pacific Region, 12 in the Gulf of Mexico, and 9 in the Atlantic Region.

Can you even IMAGINE 19 Alaska lease sales, and unlocking ANWR in the tax bill was only the beginning!! Does this mean we would see a resurgence of Bakersfield, Anchorage, and Lafayette and a “new Lafayette or Morgan City” on the Atlantic coast?? We already had a pretty big GOM sale last summer and we may have Atlantic seismic data underwayGreat details here from Drilling Contractor.

Here’s the article:

WASHINGTON, Jan 4 (Reuters) – The Trump administration on Thursday proposed opening nearly all U.S. offshore waters to oil and gas drilling, reversing protections in the Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific….

Read full article at the publisher’s site: http://ift.tt/2CAHlWZ